Usually, some GPS takes you down to a dark road where you keep on twisting and turning until you find yourself at dead ends. The routes and streets frequently change, which can cause major trouble. Hence, we all need Garmin GPS Update. The Garmin GPS must also have a current list of all mapped highways and roads to be more effective.
Here, in this post, we will provide an easy guide containing step by step instructions to assist you with the Garmin GPS Update.
The Procedure of Garmin GPS Update
Before you proceed with the preparation or process of Garmin GPS Update, make sure there is the availability of a powerful internet connection and a system. You can do it using any system such as Mac or Windows. Also, we recommend going carefully with all the steps mentioned below for a smooth Garmin GPS Update:
Step 1 – Connecting the Device to a System
- First, you have to connect the Garmin GPS device to a system.
- For this, you need to remove it from your truck, bike, or car. Also, ensure that the power of the device is ON.
- Then, proceed to hook the GPS to your system using a mini USB cable.
- Now, wait for a while until the progress bar scrolls.
- Remember, the prompts will automatically begin in case your device is already connected.
Also, you may need to log in to your Garmin account if this is for your first time Garmin GPS Update.
Step 2 – Garmin Express Installation
- Here, it would help if you make sure of installing the Garmin Express on your system via Garmin.com/express.
- Hence, open your web browser.
- Then, go to the search bar and look for the Garmin Express web page by typing and entering the same.
- Now, navigate the Garmin Express download page. Here, select the respective options depending on Windows or Mac.
- Once the appropriate file for your Mac or Windows downloads, then click on the install option.
- After that, you require to follow the on-screen prompts to proceed further with the Garmin GPS Update.
- Remember, the Garmin Express works excellent with all the GPS units, including DriveSafe, Nuvi, Zumo, and Drive.
Step 3 – Purchase or Access the Updates
- First, you need to open the downloaded file of Garmin Express on your system. This is necessary for your Garmin GPS Update.
- Then, select the Garmin Express and ensure a strong internet connection.
- After that, click to add a device and find your GPS.
- As a result, the application will look for any available updates. Also, it will show you a list.
- Hence, you have to select all. Also, keep your device properly connected during the updates are installing.
- Once the installation completes, all free available apps are there for you.
Remember, if you did not buy lifetime updates, you would require purchasing the Garmin GPS Update this time.
Step 4 – Disconnecting Your Device
- Once the installation of Garmin Update finishes with the free updates, you have to select the ‘eject’ option.
- As a result, you can safely disconnect your device. Also, it makes your USB cable safe to remove.
- After that, you can install the GPS back in your desired vehicle and enjoy assured directions.
This blog covers the step by step guide, which is going to be helpful for you to have your Garmin GPS Update hassle-free. However, follow our instructions appropriately to make the process smooth.