Garmin Nuvi Update
Garmin Nuvi is a vehicle navigation device that uses GPS satellite signals to determine locations and routes. Also, the device comes with free-lifetime preloaded maps. Further, you can install the latest map updates according to your preference with the help of the Garmin Express software. Hence, follow the given guidelines carefully for the Garmin Nuvi Update.
How to Update Garmin Nuvi?
For the Garmin Nuvi update, it is necessary to install the Garmin Express application. The software gives you notifications whenever new updates are available so that you can install them immediately. Therefore, follow the step-by-step procedure that is given below:
Install Garmin Express
- Open a web browser. Go to garmin.com/express by typing it in the address bar.
- In the next window, click on “Download for Windows” or “Download for Mac” according to your operating system on which you are downloading the software.
- This will start downloading the file. When the software gets downloaded, double-click the file for installation.
- Read all the terms and conditions of the License Agreement. If you agree with the terms, click on the Install button given there.
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
Add your Device To Garmin Express
- Once the software is installed, click on the “Launch Garmin Express” tab to open the application.
- Next, click on Add a Device.
- Now, you need to connect your Nuvi device to your system with the help of a USB cable. Ensure that the USB cable is properly inserted.
- After that, the software will start searching for your device. Once the searching is over, it will show you the Device Found window.
- Click on the Add Device button which is positioned below your product name. But if your device is not found, click on the Search Again link.
- Next, it will take you to the Product Registration window. Provide your email address into the required field. Also, to receive notifications of the latest offers, select the checkbox given there. Then, click Next.
- In the next window, enter your device nickname and click “Next”.
- To install the updates, you need to sign in to your account. Enter your registered address and password and click sign in. But if you have not created a Garmin account before, click on the Create an account button given there. Then, follow the on-screen instructions for account creation and sign in.
- It will take you to a new window. Click on the View Privacy Statement link and read all its terms and conditions. If you agree with the terms, select the “Yes” checkbox and then click on the Finish button.
- Now the setup is complete and it will start checking all the updates.
Software and Map Updates
- Once the searching process is over, click on the view details link given there.
- Then, it will show you a list of all the software and map updates. You need to click on the Install button after choosing your preferred updates.
- Next, a dialog box of the Licence Agreement will appear on your screen. Scroll down the page and read all the terms and conditions thoroughly. For the Garmin Nuvi update, you must accept the license agreement. Hence, click on the Accept button which is given at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- While the updates are in progress, you are not allowed to unplug your device or turn off the system. Also, software updates will be installed first and then the map updates will begin.
- Once the installation is done, you can view your installed updates by clicking the Check for Updates tab.
- Lastly, close the Garmin Express application and unplug your device.
This concludes the process of the Garmin Nuvi update.