Method 1. Garmin Device is Paired But Fails To Connect To Garmin Connect
Garmin Sync Issues occurs when the Garmin device appears to be connected to the app but it is failing to sync the data between the two. There are certain things that you must keep in your mind:
- Make sure that your smartphone should be close enough to the Garmin Express device to be in its Bluetooth range.
- After that, on your Garmin device and on your smartphone, it is essential for the Bluetooth to be turned on.
- In case, if it is not turned on, you should go to the “Settings” option on your device and turn it on.
How To Fix Garmin Connect Sync Issues?
- First of all, you should go to the settings section of your smartphone.
- After that, start by first turning the Bluetooth off and then turning it ON again.
- Thereafter, go to the Garmin app and close it. Now, you need to wait for some time and launch the app again.
Note: By simply closing your app will not work as it will continue to work in the background. So, for that, you need to make sure you go to recently used apps and close the app from there.
- Now, restart your smartphone and then restart your Garmin device.
- Afterward, remove the Garmin device you previously added with the connect app and then add it again from scratch. Follow the below-given procedure to remove the Garmin device app:
- First of all, open the Garmin Connect app on your mobile app.
- Thereafter, touch the “Menu” button on your device.
- Next, touch the “Garmin Devices” option.
- After that, press and hold the device that you want to remove.
- Next, touch Remove Device, when prompted.
- Remove From Bluetooth Settings
- First of all, open the Phone Settings.
- Thereafter, touch “Bluetooth”.
- Next, touch the “gear” icon next to the previously paired device on your android phone. On the other hand, touch the “Info” icon next to the previously paired device on your iOS.
- Then, touch “Unpair”. This will completely remove the app from Bluetooth settings on Android phones.
- Next, on the iOS, touch “Forget this device” and press the “Forget Device” to confirm.
Method 2. Showing Pairing Failed While Setting Up Your Garmin Device With The Connect App
Before proceeding further, make sure that the six-digit pairing code you entered is correct. This is the code that your mobile phone asks to complete the pairing process.
- Firstly, click on the “Retry” button to let the Garmin device try again to connect with the smartphone.
- Then, click this option at least 2-3 times as giving repeated tries sometimes resolve the issue.
- You need to, reboot your device by pressing the power button for a sufficient amount of time unless it gets rebooted.
- Afterward, try to pair your Garmin device again with the smartphone.
- Then, the restart will allow the device to connect to your smartphone.
- Firstly, restart your smartphone. For that, turn off the power of your smartphone and switch off your phone.
- Now, once you turn off your phone, press and hold the volume up and Power button.
- Afterward, turn to the recovery mode and press the Power key for few minutes.
- Finally, try to pair your phone to the Garmin device again.
Method 3. The Garmin Connect App Not Able To Find The Garmin Device While Pairing
- Firstly, you need to, check if you have activated the pairing mode on the Garmin device or not.
- In case, if you have not enabled it yet, go to the device “settings” and turn the Bluetooth on.
- If still the Garmin Sync Issues doesn’t resolve, reboot your Garmin device by turning it off and on.
- Thereafter, turn on the Bluetooth on your device.
- After that, let the smartphone search for the device.